Introduction
My name is Casey Blue Valentine and I am on the path to becoming a sports broadcaster. I have a background in acting at various schools and companies in California which is where I'm from. San Francisco more specifically. I transitioned to from acting to playing sports such as Baseball, Soccer, Football, Hockey, and Basketball. As I have obviously not made it in professional sports, I have decided to combine my two passions and go back to school to become a sports broadcaster.
I am starting my schooling and career at Linn Benton Community College here in Albany, Oregon. I am already working as the schools sports broadcaster as well as the schools public address announcer. I am building my resume while learning as much as I can in the field of broadcasting. This is why I am taking as many journalism and communication classes as I can before transferring to a University with a good Sports Broadcasting program somewhere on the West Coast.
What I want to or am excited about learning the most from media and culture is a couple of things. The first being how to most effectively broadcast myself while I am still on the up and coming, as well as find more about how different demographics of people use and access media. I want to learn about the newest trends around the world of accessing media and spreading content. I want to learn how to save media and culture from this overwhelming A.I. presence.
Not only am I passionate about all things sports which also includes all forms of racing but mostly F1, NASCAR, and Dirt Sprint Cars, but I absolutely love music. I am really passionate about going to live shows as well as discovering new music and staying away from a lot of the mainstream. When I'm not watching sports, playing sports with my friends, or listening to music at home, in the car, or at shows, I am out enjoying nature as much as possible. I love spending as much time in the mountains as I can, or by a lake or ocean. My favorite season is winter so I spend a lot of time skiing and playing in snowy alpine environments.
My three main sources of information would be Instagram, sports television, and the news app on my phone. These are my go to sources of information because they are for the most part not super biased and they are extremely easily accessible in my everyday life. Instagram will have the most "fake news" that requires the most fact checking. I consider the sports television and news app to be more reliable sources of information,
I am genuinely more and more scared everyday about there being more and more misinformation out on the internet and social media. A.I. just tells you what you want to hear and doesn't always provide accurate information, and anyone can post anything on social media as well. You really have to look at the articles that A.I. provides you and then test their ethos. Finding websites with ".gov" is always a safe bet for more accurate information. You should always double check something, especially before reposting or sharing with others!
Comments
Post a Comment